Friday, April 30, 2010

Passing along a Good Word

I had the honor of working at Duke Power (now Duke Energy) in the early part of my career. I call it an honor because I not only learned a great deal from the experience but I also met a number of really wonderful people. People that give of themselves everyday to "keep the lights on" in our homes and businesses. One of those people was Sharon Decker. We were never particularly close but I have always been proud to say that I know her and worked with her at Duke.

As time has passed, careers, families, childern take us all to various places and that was the case with me. I left Duke for a career in market research. God has truly blessed us and while work for Duke was a blessing, moving on has been an equally abundant blessing. But I have always tried to keep up with my former colleagues from my "power company" days.

Earlier today, a fromer colleague sent over a link about a book Sharon has written. Of course, I will have to read it. Not just because Sharon wrote it but because since her departure from Duke, she too has grown in her faith and has even launched her own ministry. Part of her ministry includes a group of women who produce a media product called The Satisfied Life. In this media product (sorry, I can't think of a better way to describe it), Sharon, Pam Stone (from the TV series Coach), and Ramona Halloway (local radio personality) discuss living a satisfited life. One section of their website is a blog. Today, I read a posting that I felt spoke to me. It isn't overtly religous but it just seemed like something I needed to hear.

I've pasted a link to the blog so you can enjoy it and perhaps, contemplate the blessings we have in our own works. Thanks Sharon!

No comments:

Post a Comment