Friday, May 27, 2011

Weekly Prayer

Each week, I reserve time to watch a few TV ministers. I travel a fair amount for work and work in general is pretty busy. So, I am thankful for my DVR. With this handy piece of technology (and I love technology), I have the ability to catch up on shows I would not have seen otherwise. That includes one of my favorite ministers, Joel Osteen. At a very critical point in my life, I was in an airport heading home and looking for something to read on the plane. I found one of Joel's books and from that simple act of looking for something to entertain me on the long plane ride, God re-entered my life. And like many Christians who are still young in their walk with The Lord, I have occassionally stumbled and had to refocus to stay on track. The DVR Ministry on my cable box helps me do just that. Even if I can't make it to church, I can always put things on hold for a while and connect with the ministers on my DVR.
I think the reason why the couple of hours I carve out to watch "my ministers" is so important to me is because it is a time where I can simply recieve the word of God. But one of the things that gets me going is a prayer that Joel Osteen recites each week before his message. It is a very simple prayer but it reminds me each week that no matter what is going on around me. No matter what has happened or will happen, God is taking care of me and leading me where I need to go. It also reminds me that I have so much to be thankful for and that God will continue to bless me as I keep up this great walk with God.

What gets your engine of faith reved up? Is it a church social? A good friend? A quiet time to pray and reflect? No matter what it is, it is important for you to do it. Make the time and effort to stop and think about what God has done for you and continues to do for you. The short prayer Joel recites is like the start of a race for me, it is my signal that it is time to recieve The Word of God and give thanks once again.

God bless you all and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment