Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Stepping Out In Faith

I struggle a lot. Some times it has to do with my words, maybe giving thoughtful prayer, or in relationships. I am sure that I am not that different from anyone else but these struggles still are part of my life and like so many, I want to address them and not let them continue.

One area where I struggle is in stepping out in my faith. It isn't so much that I am conflicted but that I am confused. Should I volunteer for a mission at church or is that my calling? Should I focus on a certain job or is God waiting to bless me with something greater that fulfills my dreams and gives me the destiny He has in store for me? Should I start that book He has put in my heart to share My Everyday Faith with others? Now, as I start to write some of this out, it seems like I never get anything done for the apparent conflicts in my life! Still, I believe that we all struggle with big and small acts of faith every day.

Just like I did with prayer, today, I vow to focus on getting in agreement with God and stepping out in my faith. Some of these things are things that God clearly wants me to do and for whatever reason, I am not ready or comfortable committing. Still others are not so obvious and I need to learn to let God lead me and trust Him to make the way where, in my simple vision, I can't see a way.

Are you stepping out in your faith? Are you trusting God to lead you down the right path? How about we all take just one step today that is a bit outside of our comfort zone but clearly on the path God has for our lives. I believe if we do that, God will bless us in ways we have never imagined!

2 comments:

  1. I too struggle everyday with my own duality. Your words hit home, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave, thanks. The longer I live, the more I think we are all more alike than not. Tc

    ReplyDelete