Saturday, December 19, 2009

Weclome to My Everyday Faith!

Hello and welcome to My Everyday Faith. My name is Tommy Crawford but my friends call me Tc. Over the past few years, I've been on a personal journey, rediscovering my faith. I'm not a minister. I am not a theologian. I am not one to be at the church every time the doors open. I am a husband, father, brother, uncle, grandson, nephew, and friend. In short, I am an everyday guy just like you.

And here in lies the reason I wanted to write about My Everyday Faith. I was on a flight back from Denver, Colorado and had just finished reading a book by Mitch Albom called "Have a Little Faith". As I sat in my seat thinking about this great book (I highly recommend it!), deep down inside, I felt that I too wanted to explore my faith. Now considering that I am not what society would call a religious person, I felt that there had to be more people out in the world like me, everyday folks that are ready to have a closer relationship with God. The reason for the blog is that I can share my journey but also, share what I have learned about myself. And if I can help someone else rediscover their faith in the process, then my small contribution will have made a difference and that is more rewarding than anything money can buy.

So, again, welcome! I sincerely hope we become friends and family in Christ. I hope to share my thoughts on the journey and rediscovery of a life closer to God and all it means to me. Please let me hear from you and let's continue this grand and wonderful trip together.

Tc

No comments:

Post a Comment