Thursday, January 14, 2010

Give it to God

I'm a pretty head strong guy. Not in a really bad way but it takes me a while to realize that I may not have the answer or solution to a problem and so I waste time thinking I can figure it out. For example, earlier this week, I was traveling when I got an email about a personal issue I have been dealing with. I thought the problem had been resolved and was a closed subject but then the email brought it back into focus. The fact that I had to dredge things back up and give it more consideration made me that much more upset about it. Add to this, I had just landed at the airport, made the trek to my car in freezing weather, and had a 30+ minute drive in near rush hour traffic ahead of me.

As I drove home, I was playing various scenarios over in my mind and trying to think of how I would respond. Nothing was helping and I wasn't feeling good about any of "MY" options. Then, out of the blue, I remembered that I wasn't alone. I had someone, a higher power to ask for guidance. And so, right then and there, on the beltway, I said a prayer, I gave it to God and asked for the right words, the right answer, and His will in making my reply. Immediately, I came to peace with the situation and a solution that made perfect sense.

Yes, we must thank God for everything in our lives. Often, I feel like I forget many of the blessings to be thankful for. In all honesty, there are so many that I can't always remember each one. But we can also go to God with our concerns and troubles. While this wasn't an issue that was life threatening or even in the grand scheme of things life altering but it was a pressing and very real concern. I wanted it put behind me so I could be open to more of God's blessing and with His help, I was able to do just that. Now, the problem is still there and I will deal with it but the response I had to give was what troubled me and God took that response and took care of it for me in a way that was right for Him and for me.

When was the last time you gave something to God? When you find you don't have a self-created solution, offer it to God and see what wonderful things happen. Hey, isn't that another blessing to be thankful for? Yeah, I thought so!

No comments:

Post a Comment