Sunday, January 3, 2010

What are You Doing About Your Faith?

You know you have to exercise and eat right to stay healthy. If you want to play a musical instrument, you have to learn and practice. And if you want to play a sport well, you have to stay in shape and also practice. Are you doing similar things for your faith? I will admit I don't play a sport, so I don't work on those skills. As for a musical instrument, I love to sing but don't practice that either and I haven't picked up my trumpet in a few years. As for eating healthy and getting regular exercise, let's say there is lots of room for improvement.

Now, your faith is really no different but it's not just heading to the weekly Sunday service. Did you eat a healthy breakfast? What about a morning prayer of thanks? Have you practiced your piano scales? What about doing a good deed or turning the other cheek? What I am saying is that we all have to work on being better. Sometimes it is working on things to improve our health or a skill but sometimes it is to improve our relationship with God.

So, I'll ask again, what are you doing about your faith? It's not too late to start doing something.

No comments:

Post a Comment