Friday, January 29, 2010

Having What No One Else Has!

Okay, I'm not sure that is the best way to say it but the message is you have something that can never belong to anyone else. Actually, you have several things that will only ever be yours. What I mean is that God made you the way you are for a reason and no one will ever be like you or have everything you have and that is totally okay and absolutely great.

I admire the singing voice of George Strait, the tall frame of my good friend Kieran, the calm demeanor of my friend Emanuel, and the wit of comedian Craig Ferguson but I cannot remotely envy them. The reason is it isn't in my DNA, literally! You see, I have something that none of them have, the unique gifts, talents, intellect, looks, etc. that God wanted me to have. Other people bring me joy, my friends mean a more to me than many of them know, my wife and family help complete the person I am and the person I will become. But in the end, I am special, I am one-of-a-kind, I am unique in ways that will never be replicated and I have God to thank.

So, what does that mean for you? Exactly the same thing. Sitting around thinking what if you were taller, better looking, smarter, more popular will get you no where. No, you have to realize you are who you are because God knew what you needed and who you needed to be. If He had intended for you to have certain gifts, talents, or skills, believe me, you'd have them. You are perfect the way you are and once you realize that, it is like unlocking something deep down inside, a feeling of purpose and excitement about what you can do.

What a great feeling to know you have something that no one in the world has. Something that the most wealthy and powerful people in the world can never own. Something so special only one was ever made. God is truly great and we are all so very blessed for these wonderful gifts he has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment