Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thinking Right Thoughts

I've always been a positive person. I remember after my father passed away and I was helping my Mom sort out her personal and financial affairs that there were times when she would get very down. Yes, I realize she had every right to feel this way and I never judged her for those feelings or thoughts. However, each time we would be dealing with a trying matter, I was always able to see things from another point of view. Yes, the paperwork was complicated but if other people had done it, then so could we. Of course it was hard to sort out the finances but now she knew how much money she actually had and was no longer unsure. Absolutely she was lonely but there were others in her shoes that could help her and they did.

Again, I never tried to minimize what she was dealing with and by all means, she was in pain and hurting (just like me) but I always feel like God has a plan. Whatever His plan is for me, I know it will be a good one. Yes, I fully expect there to be times when things are not going my way. Sure, there will be occassions when I want to have my own "why me?" moments with God. But the Bible tells us that God wants us to be happy and live a life of abundance. As I tell my daughter, you cannot know true happiness until you know true sorrow. That isn't to say that we all need to be miserable before we can be happy but think about it, if you never had anything go wrong in your life, how would you ever know when things were going really well?

God knows what he is doing. As long as I keep that in the front of my thoughts, how can I let negative things creep in about what I am going through. Yes, I lost my father but now he isn't in any more pain. Yes, that person hurt me but they must not have been a true friend and it was time for them to move on. Yes, I lost my job but God must have a better plan for me or I would still be working there.

You have to think right thoughts. You have to know God is in control and leading you to where you should be going. How can you not be positive when you know He is in control and cares so deeply for you? I sure can't!

No comments:

Post a Comment